Marks Tey Parish Neighbourhood Plan
Our draft Neighbourhood Plan was adopted by the Parish Council at its December 2020 meeting, and it has now passed to Colchester Borough Council (CBC) for the next stage of its journey. This will begin with CBC undertaking its own public consultation on the Plan. Since our own public consultation, which ended in July, the many comments that came in, from local people, landowners, public agencies and voluntary bodies led us to revise the Plan to form the current version.
For the Plan’s remaining stages, the Parish Council has forwarded the following official documents to CBC, in addition to the draft Plan:
1) The Character Assessment, which is the document which provides much of the factual background to the draft Plan
2) The MasterPlan, which helped to turn the vision of a draft Plan into practical policies
3) The Consultation Statement. This has two parts, one being a description of how the Plan came into being, from when the Parish Council agreed that it needed one to give some protection against large scale development, the other being a summary of the comments and criticisms sent in by local people, public agencies, voluntary bodies and landowners
4) The Basic Conditions Statement. This technical planning document shows how the draft Plan has been drawn up in accordance with relevant planning laws and regulations.
5) The Appendices. These contain details of everything done related to the draft Plan: all the surveys, consultations and dates of activities
6) The SEA screening document. This states that the draft Plan does not need a Strategic Environmental Assessment.
This will inevitably be affected by the Covic pandemic, so the dates for the remaining stages are not yet settled. These stages are:
* Colchester Borough Council checks that the Plan complies with the relevant planning regulations and then publishes it, and it is then subjected to a 6 week (minimum) public consultation, during which the Council invites previous consultees to make representations and appoints an independent examiner
* The examiner reports on the Plan to CBC, who publish it and organises a local referendum.This takes the form of voting on the Plan.
* Providing the response is that over 50% of those who vote support the Plan, it becomes the parish Council’s Neighbourhood Plan, and therefore part of CBC’s new Local Plan.
The Parish Council will update this as the dates in the timetable become clearer, as well as put updates on our Facebook site
The consultation documents remain on the website for anyone to read, apart from the questionnaire and these are Neighbourhood Plan, Summary Document, Character Assessment and Master Plan
Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group Dates, Membership, and Steering Group Minutes
|2nd December 2020||Minutes|
|11th November 2020||Minutes|
|30th October 2020||Minutes|
|25th September 2020||Minutes|
|11th September 2020||Minutes|
|5th August 2020||Minutes|
|29th July 2020||Minutes|
|22nd July 2020||Minutes|
|15th July 2020||Minutes|
|22nd June 2020||Minutes|